Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rahm Emanuel Light


We here in Chicago know how to get things done. We're "the city that works". And we work hard. But do we play well?

Rahm Emanuel, known as "Rahmbo" will be the next White House Chief of Staff under President Obama. He's got the "sharp elbows" of a street fighter. He actually said "Rahm is Israeli for screw you!" How will that work in the kindler, gentler White House of Barack Obama? I can tell you right now that what we're going to see is "Rahm Light. "

Rahm Light, maybe his credo will be forty lashes with a wet noodle. I don't think so, what I think will happen is Rahm will be the Yin to Obama's Yang. And I understand that Obama is very accepting of divergent opinions and sensibilities. He wants the best brains and the sharpest wit, and maybe he also needs the sharpest elbows.

Whatever the reason he chose my Congressman, he's going to get his money's worth. Rahm may be a Rahmbo, but he's our Rahmbo and we like it that way, because it works.

No comments: